Bridgewell’s Day Habilitation services offer a variety of supports to adults of all ages with mild to severe developmental and physical disabilities. Individuals often have additional challenges such as visual and/or hearing impairments, medical conditions, and/or behavioral issues. Specialty services have been designed to meet the needs of individuals with Alzheimer’s Disease and for the young adult population.
Day Habilitation programs located in Lynn, Medford and Melrose promote community experience and address self care, nutrition, household skills, communication, and sensory, motor, behavioral and social development. Services are provided both on-site and in the community to offer a variety of learning environments. Individuals are assessed by our highly qualified Clinical Team comprised of clinicians within the nursing, OT, PT, Speech and behavior support disciplines. Support services are established based on each individual’s needs and preferences.
Direct support staff members are trained by the Clinical Team and Bridgewell’s nursing staff ensures quality medical care. There is a staffing ratio of at least 1 staff for every 4 individuals and higher ratios are provided for those who are more medically and behaviorally challenged.
- Program for individuals with greater independence, needing a smaller group setting and a 1:3 staff ratio.
- Program track for individuals who are memory impaired or who have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s.
- Program for individuals who are dually diagnosed with developmental and psychiatric disabilities for whom traditional day services have not been successful.
- Program for individuals who are elderly or approaching the elder years.
- Program for young adults who have recently graduated from the school system.
Record last updated on 04/02/2019